Friday, April 24, 2009

Want More Crap, Need To Be More Random.

Question : Why does my other blog, which only contains 17 post has more 20 followers than this one, which holds 200 post?
Answer : I'm cool. You guys just don't appreciate it.


HAHAHAHHA. Bodoh bodoh bodoh.


Okay, nak menari salsa sekarang jugak dekat tengah jalan sebab OMG, Rachel Cohn and David Levithan is up for another colloboration. That's the shizznit, homie.


quoted -"Nancy Hinkel at Knopf Books for Young Readers has acquired an untitled love story from Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. Cohn and Levithan are the authors of Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, which was released as a movie last year; their second novel, Naomi & Ely’s No Kiss List, is in development as a feature film. The new book, which is set at Christmastime in New York City, stars 16-year-old Dash and Lily, who "meet" when Dash finds Lily’s red notebook tucked in the J.D. Salinger section at the Strand Bookstore. Inside the notebook is a scavenger hunt of sorts, to help find a potential boyfriend for Lily. The pub date is set for October 12, 2010."

Isnt that so much fun? Cohn/ Levithan has this knack of writing really random craps that makes you laugh out loud like a hyena resulting to strange weird stares given to you. Seriously. It's all No Mo, Fo Shizzo stuffs man. Its not really the kind of honest book where you can get inside the character but its freaking hilarious and I love the way they narrate each character.

Nick and Norah was fun (even though I still yearn for the purple cover. Damn You!) because I'm always up for some education on the Jersey music scene plus I can't just say no to conversations about McCartney and Lennon, right? I freaking wanna hold your hand.

Naomi and Ely is more complicated. Instead of the dual narrative voice, it comes for every corner of perpectives thus resulting to a way complex understanding but fun nevertheless. Also, this book makes me want a gay bestfriend more so badly just because I'd love to fight over the glitter belt (even if I don't own one, but hey I'm optimistic) but that problem is resolved as Winnie is officially MY GAY BESTFRIEND! Hahaha. He's on the way to be a pure gay but I'm patient, I'll guide him through. Oh, I also love the Robin girl and Robin boy relationship. I love that tiny icons they have, its adorable. As I am a bit slow on mind, I have to call Humairah at times and ask her what some icons stands for. She's fantabulous, that woman.


The new book sounds promising. Also, J. D Salinger? Awesome. I've never read any of his books but from Mark Chapman (who loves it so much he decides to follow the kid in the book and kill Lennon) and Lauren Barnholdt's obsession on Catcher In The Rye (which is why she has mentioned in two of her books) and I think I get the idea. I don't know what I'm expecting for this third collobaration but I know it'll be good, so I'll be nice and keep repeating my mantra 'book is great' until October next year.

Wish me luck, dudes.

GIVE ME A BREAK. I WANT TO BE ME.

No comments: