Monday, October 27, 2008

never let go.

One of the things I'm grateful about being a mix is that I get to celebrate two celebration, which by the way means double the money! WOOT. We celebrated at Amber Pua's house. Oooh. And I discovered that my father has crooked nose. HAHA. It was kinda weird you know, we went to someone's house and found out it was my father's childhood mate's house. So, Aunty Shanti(the childhood mate) was complimenting Haziq and my Dad was boasting that Haziq follows his good looks. anyway here's how the conversation went;

A.Shanti : Wow. He's so cute. And so fair.
Daddy : Well. Look at his father-lah!
A.Shanti : Shut Up, ok. He doesn't look a bit like you. Thank god your kids don't get your crooked nose.
(at that point I looked at Dad's nose, and yerp there it was)
A.Shanti :(looking at me,Qila,Qiba) You know how your father has crooked nose?
(We all shook our head)
A.Shanti : (asking my dad) You never tell them hah? Can I tell them?
Daddy : You tell lah. You're a big part of it.
A.Shanti : (telling us) He has crooked nose because, well this is what he says lah, When he was a boy, all the girls will kiss his nose at one side so it becomes crooked.


Maybe that wasnt funny for you guys, but it cracks me up.Do you get it? He's saying Aunty Shanti kisses his nose too. Who would've thought my father was so full of himself (sometimes, he still is) and such a big teaser too. Like for example;

Daddy: You haven't changed at all hah.
A.Shanti: Really?
Daddy: Ok-lah. You've grown taller.
A.Shanti:Yes ah?
Daddy: Yeah. About 2 inches like that.


and ;


Daddy: How old are you now? 53 eh?
Nina Pua: No-lah. She's younger than me.
A.Shanti: He knows. He's just teasing.
Nina Pua: Youre '64 right? I'm '63.
A.SHanti:Yeah, I'm 44.Daddy: Oh. 2 years only ke? I remember you so small
A.Shanti: Ya-lah. That's why you like to bully me.
A.Shanti:(telling us kids) He likes to steal people's bike and then run around the village. We all have to beg him to let us play.
Daddy: But I always give you what?
A.Shanti: Hmmm. Yeah right.
Daddy: No, really. I always give you.
A.Shanti: You were sick that time.
Daddy: Oooh. Now I remember.



So, there you go. My father's childhood. Sometimes I really wonder, what makes my mother fall for him? probably his stupid jokes.

No comments: