Saturday, February 23, 2008

Let's talk politics.

i know, i know. I know what you must be thinking about this blog title. Politics? Atiqah? it doesn't take a genius to figure out how unlikely this comparison is. and what the hell? what do I know about politics? A 14 year old girl talking about politics? come on. I don't, to tell you the truth. I don't know the first thing about politics. But you've got to admit, this topic is unavoidable, well actually it is avoidable but I don't really enjoy yakking away about what I did today and blablabla. This year is the voting year, "tahun mengundi" there are thousand of parti's flag hanging on the light poles, on the trees and whatsoever. Everytime I lay me eyes on the newspaper front cover, it's about politics. So where do the malaysian politics stand anyway? I've got a really good scoop about it on Dina Zaman's book, I am muslim. It says there that the only reason malays could survive here is because of their politics. Somehow, I agree. If you really think about it, you would too. Let's pretend i'm good in politics. Let's pretend i'm wise and insightful. Let's make this post fun. For god sake, let's humor me.
On wednesday, I had history tuition at Smart Bestari. I, let's bold the word being forced to go, went with Nana. Our history teacher was talking about republicans, whooops it end up with Malaysian Politics. Nana had to go and just ask the teacher what party is he supporting? the teacher of course said "UNDI ADALAH RAHSIA" but Nana, being Nana still insisted and asked why couldnt he tell us. He said he doesn't want to influence us about who to vote. I told Nana to shut up and wait till it's your turn to vote. Nana won't give up, man that girl is so hard. The teacher said " Saya menilai dari apa yang saya dengar, apa saya baca. saya faham dan saya undi". I had this crazy urge to say that what you hear and what you read isnt always right. But, since I'm a terribly good student, I shut my mouth and let Nana argue with the teacher. I do have my curiosities, but it's not as big as Nana's. Her's make it kill the cat.
I think Malaysian politics are erhhm.. haa...mmm.. I truly have no idea. You must be thinking, then why the hell do you write a post about it? I have no idea. I'm terribly sorry, but I have no right to judge it, since I have no idea about malaysian politics. So, what would I do if I were given the chance to vote at 14 years old? I think I'd vote for the most richest party. I know, that's materialistic. But seriously, this country needs a party that could improve our country. Not just make it going on, that's already here. Aku anak melayu. That's what they say, I'm proud to be melayu. But if you really see it, you can say that those who represents Malaysia are most likely Chinese, Indians or even mix. Dont get me wrong, Aku anak melayu jugak, aku sedar. Look at tennis, it's Nicol David. Badminton, it's Lee Chong Wei. Even half of the malaysian socialites are Chinese, Indians and mixs.
I'm not a big fan of Siti Nurhaliza, come to think of it, I'm not even a fan of hers. But I truly respect her in a way that she makes an effort to make Melayu stand up. She makes Melayu out there, known by the world, even if she does it in bad musics (in my opinion) and desperation. Her personal life is her personal life, I'm not here to judge about it. Sazzy Falak is another Malay who makes us proud. She's in the Malaysian socialites community, she's talented and she makes all of us Malays want to reach for the stars too. I don't think Malays are fading away, and I'm god damn proud to be Malaysian. I love the chinese, the indians and the mixs. I love Malaysians. It's just so that maybe I want a hell lot of Malays to be more proud of their heritage and represent Malaysia more. I want to see the name Siti in the Tennis. or the name Nurul in Badminton. I want all that, and heck you don't always get what you want right?
I let god judge me, damn you if you do
-I am muslim, Dina Zaman

2 comments:

FNI said...

omg.dude!sejak bila u jd someone intrsted in politics!

Dona said...

Squash la macik. Bukan tennis. Suka hati je cakap tennis.