Saturday, August 23, 2008

excerpt :)

Oh no. I strained my neck closer to the door to get better hearing of the footsteps. No. No. No. Its coming towards this room. What should I do? Shit shit. There's probably about 5 packs of LAY'S strewn on the floor right now. Deep breath. Deep breath. Yes!Of course. Lock the door. I rushed to the door while my heart beats unevenly and my breathing becomes ragged. I can't let anyone know about this. I am at this diet camp and I'm not allowed to eat any kind of junk food. I was doing so well. So so well. Then Ms. Harrison had to ask a favor from me. Why can't she ask anyone else? Why me? Why should I control my self-determination? Of course its impossible to ignore the dozens of LAY's jammed inside the cupboard. Whoever that didnt close the cupboard properly is torturing me. He/She must know that Ms.Harrison will ask me to take the Program Schedule in the Office. He/She must know that I will have to pass the kitchen. He/She must know that I will peek in the kitchen. So He/She decides to leave the cupboard halfway open to see how good I am to resist the temptation. He/She will be murdered as soon as He/She is identified. The footsteps are getting closer. Lock the door. Lock the door. I pushed the door and tried to lock it. NO! Oh Nonononoono. It won't lock. Why? Oh dear god, why? What have I done to deserve such horrible torture? Was it because of that time I purposely let Reena get the blame for jamming the printer? Because if that was it, I can explain. She didnt let me print this picture of Johnny Depp I found on the internet. Serves her right. I promise to never do it again. I promise to beg her for forgiveness. Just please,please let me lock the door.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Slowly, gracefully, gently, I pushed the door knob. BUT IT STILL WON'T LOCK!! Time for a New Plan. Plan B: cry and explain to Ms.Harrison about the truth? Of course she will soften up. No one can resist my tears. But she would still tell my mother. Ok, next. Plan C : tell Ms.Harrison that someone ate the LAY'S and then just left without cleaning it up. AHH! Yes! Yes! but.. She would ask why I was in the kitchen. And I've got no good explanation about that.

No! No. No... Im doomed. I'm doomed for life. This is my fate. I brushed back the tears thats falling on my cheek. This is how I will always be. Too weak to resist a packet of Lay's or in this case, 5 packets. I can't control myself. That is how I'm going to live for the rest of my life. Uncontrol-able. I will grow up and I'll become like that lady in the newspaper who lives with 35 cats and is so overweight she can't even stand up. Except I don't like cats. I'd probably go with parrots. Yes, parrots. At least they can talk. Unlike cats, who meows all the time. But what about money? Hmm.. Money? I could always sell my playstation 2. Would it be enough? Probably not....


Someone is pushing the door open. I pushed the door close back. Its pushing again, with more force. I pushed back, with greater force. "Umm, who's in there?" someone behind the door asked. It's an unfamiliar voice. Definitely not Ms.Harrison. A boy voice. Who could that probably be? As far as I'm concern, boys aren't allowed at this camp. Is it the newspaper boy? But it's already 2 o'clock. Surely, not the newspaper boy. I wonder if its.. While I'm in deep in thought, this boy took advantage and pushed the door open. I stumbled and fell down flat on the floor. Fuck. That hurts. I'd most likely get a bruise. I looked up and saw this boy. This tall boy. This tall thin boy. This tall thin green-eyed boy. This tall thin green-eyed -with the longest eyelash I've ever seen- boy. And he's not staring at me. This is a good opportunity. I can run out of the door. He probably won't remember how I look like. Most likely, not even notice I was there.


However, for the second time, as I was deep in thought of planning my escape, He looks at me. His eyes widened.
"What happened?" he asked.
I of course, didn't answer him immediately. I just stared back at him, craming my brain for a good excuse. For a good explanation. Then, he looks down at my boobs. I'm feeling quite self-conscious. So what if I have big bust? He can't judge me. He can't and he won't. I looked down at my boobs and of course. Of course. There are crumbs of Lay's that I apparently didnt brush off.

"Did you eat those?" He asked, pointing accusingly towards the packs of Lay's on the floor. I again, try to think of a good excuse. But I'm out of words. So, I opt for the next best thing, I cried. I cried. At first it was just a drop of tear but then I cried uncontrollably. I was shaking. I was wiping out tears thats falling down my cheek.

Then I felt a warm presence. I felt someone holding me close. I stopped shaking. I looked up and saw that wonderful eyelashes. He looked down at me too. I just stared at him, out of breath. He was smoothing my hair. I don't know what to say. I'm clueless. He brushed my cheek.

"It's okay. It's okay. I won't tell anyone, ok?" he whispered to my ears. I nodded.

"What's your name?" He asked. His voice gentle, his right hand still brushing my hair while his left, held me close. I have never been closed to any boy like this. I am feeling quite weird.

So I said something, that was beyond embarassing. That was unexcuseable. I said something that I don't even know why I said it. I told him a lie.
"I have a boyfriend" I blurted and ran out of the room.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I try to control myself. To only write maximum 3 paragraph but I can't help it. LOL
I am out of idea so it's probably stupid.
Taa, darlings.

No comments: