Thursday, August 21, 2008

years that remain




So there's this movie on HBO this Sunday 9 pm called Evening. Yes, it's the same movie that was on the newspaper not long ago. The poster was so touching it's heart rending. and really, the theme song is White Flag so what was I to do but to fall deeply in love with it without even actually watching it yet. I went to Yahoo! movies and searched for it. The story line was so sad, it was almost like The Notebook. ALMOST. In a way it's actually a story being told back.
Here you go; It'll make you weep.
Overcome by the power of memory, Ann Lord reveals a long-held secret to her concerned daughters; Constance, a content wife and mother, and Nina, a restless single woman. Both are bedside when Ann calls out for the man she loved more than any other. But who is this Harris, wonder her daughters, and what is he to our mother? While Constance and Nina try to take stock of Anna's life and their own lives, their mother is tended to by a night nurse as she journeys in her mind back to a summer weekend some fifty years ago, when she was Ann Grant, a young woman who has come from New York City to be maid of honor at the high-society Newport wedding of her dearest friend from college, Lila Wittenborn. The bride-to-be is jittery, and turns to her maid-of-honor, rather than her own mother, for support. Ann stays close to her friend, yet is even closer to Lila's irrepressible brother Buddy. Unexpected feelings surge forth once Ann meets wedding guest Harris Arden, a lifelong friend and intimate of the Wittenborn family. Ann's love for Harris will change her life, and those of her daughters, forever.

THE TRAILER;
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809765401/trailer

hugh dancy is looking quite (oh, kill me now for saying this) good looking. I know I know. I know what I said about him ruining every girls dream of a perfect man with first, Prince Char and know Luke Brandon but I'm protesting here. Hear me out, for once. His hair was unsurprisingly atrractive and he manages to look decent but maybe, probably its due to the camera trick or whatsoever. I really wish it is because of that. after all, I do have a huge ego and I don't like to take back what I say.



Isn't the scene magnifique? AHHH. I long to go there. I think I actually went to somewhere like that, but it was bloody freezing all my mind could manage to think was when can I actually get in the car. oohh, I even remember ducklings! yes yes, everyone but me was feeding the ducks gently. I threw the bread at them. Why bother anyway? It was by the lake and I even have a picture of the breathtaking scene however, not a good memory of it. you know why. I was cursing and cursing about the cold.
Taa, darlings.

No comments: