Monday, August 18, 2008

Promises, promises.

I wish I'm as enthusiastic as I am around books when I study. But I'm not. And there's nothing I can do about it. Twilight is set to released on Nov 2008. but sadly, Harry Potter is moved to Summer 2009. But these both has nothing to do with each other. So, don't hold your grudge.

I really really want to buy SMART BOYS AND FAST GIRLS by Stephie Davis.

here's an excerpt because I can't think of anything better to post about.

One of these days, you guys should thank me for giving you unwanted informations. HAHA

ON YOUR MARK!

Natalie Page is overlooked and unappreciated.Yeah, sure, she can run fast.Yeah, sure, all the boys love her...as a buddy.Yeah, she has plans every weekend night...with her friends and their boyfriends.

GET SET
It's time for the world to sit up and take notice. When Natalie makes the varsity cross country team, it seems like the fast track to being cool. The popular girls notice her, the hunky captain of the boys team is giving her rides home. Natalie Page is off and running.
Then she starts to fail geometry. She has to get a tutor: a very annoying boy who thinks sports is for idiots. A very smart boy who thinks she's stupid. A very cute boy who already has a girlfriend and has no interest in her. A boy she told her parents she was dating.


GO!
Natalie Page can run. Now she has to decide how to finish.

SNEAK PEEKY

"Is he still watching?" Matt asked.
I glanced at Zach's table. "Yeah." Zach was sporting that smug look on his face too. Even though he was totally cute, it really did made him look like a jerk.
"Then let's give him something to watch." He curved his fingers around the back of my neck and applied gentle pressure. "Come here."
Oh my God. This wasn't going to be like the kiss at the field the other day. This was going to be the real thing.
My heart started pounding and I couldn't catch my breath.
When his lips touched mine, I was sure I was going to die. They were so soft and warm and begging me to join them. So I kissed him back. I mean, I tried. Wasn't exactly the expert, but I tried to copy what he was doing. Well, I tried for a little bit, after that, I couldn't think. All I could do was taste his lips and feel his breath and try not to fall off my chair.
He finally pulled away, but not very far. His eyes were all smoky and made me all warm. "Apparently, running isn't the only thing you're good at." His voice was husky and gravelly and it made my skin pop up in goosebumps. He brushed his thumb over my lips, and I thought for sure I was going to die right on the spot.
"You, too." Was that my voice? Sounded awfully breathless.
The corner of his mouth curved up. "I'm not good at running."
"Well, you're good at kissing."
He broke into a full grin. "Thanks."
"I think that did it," Allie's voice broke into our magic bubble. "Zach's looking pissed, not smug."
Zach. I'd totally forgotten the kiss had been for him. Matt dropped his hand and turned away.
Total loss. I wanted him back. I wanted him to kiss me like that again. And again. And again. At the very least, I wanted him to kiss me until I actually did fall off my chair. Not that that would take much.
"Your hands are shaking." Allie pointed at my water glass, which I'd picked up in an attempt to distract myself. "That must have been some kiss."
Matt and I both looked at my hand, which was very clearly trembling. The water was shivering, and the ice was clinking. I felt my cheeks heat up, and I couldn't look at him.
How totally embarrassing!
Matt said nothing, but he put his arm over the back of my chair and left it there until the food arrived.

Taa, darlings.

1 comment:

Adlin Ahmad said...

omg tiqot! sumpah rasa nak bacaaaaa ;D hahaa mana awk jumpa buku tu haa?