Sunday, November 9, 2008

What a co-ink-e-dence

Uncle Naquib's (pronounced; Najib) wedding was fun, at least. No cute guys in sight. There were some Matsalleh, as us Malaysian would say. But sadly, none in the age range I was looking for. HAHA. There were some family that came all the way from UK, Cairo to attend the wedding. Aunty Yasmin flew from Sydney just to be there. Lallana (i think her name was) looks so different from the last time I saw her. Well, that would be telling, as I last saw her 6 years ago. I don't even remember that it was Aunty Yasmin if it wasn't for her husband, Uncle Noel(is that how you spell it?). I remember him from our trip to Sydney ages ago. Oooh, this is so cute. Allisya and Lallana's lil sister(i don't remember her name) is best friends at first sight. They were holding hands all the time. Lallana's little sister actually cried when Allisya had to go back. They were hugging each other, not letting go. Ahhh. How I miss to be 3 years old again. It brings you back to time when you are so naive, that you'd never want that day to end. I've grown up, and I've learned that with each day that has ended, comes another day with another surprise and maybe somehow If you're lucky enough, you'll still stumble across those days where you'd rather get shot in the heart than to end the day that people find so rare it could almost be extinct.

It was frustrating that people keep asking me if I'm still studying, and some even asked when is my turn. But, it wasn't enough to spoil my mood. I was in such good mood that someone could tear the pages of Ella Enchanted and I wouldn't even bat an eyelash. Oh, wait. Maybe not Ella Enchanted. I looove that book. Hmm, how about, If We Kiss? yeah. that sounds better.

The speeches was funny. I find Uncle Faizal's rather amusing. 27 girls in 4 years? And of course, I like the poem Uncle Naquib wrote for Aunty Rovina. I like the first two lines, obviously. It was something like ;

Rovina, Rovina, Rovina,
Darling, your name can only rhyme with Ribena,


Ah. Enough ramblings. Case in point, conclusion ; It was a fun wedding. Although I'd prefer it better if we got home earlier rather than say, 1 am? But, 'twas okay, since the reason I wanted to go home early was that I had piano class at 8am and haven't finished the homework yet. Surprise, surprise, Mr.Phua never showed up. He didn't call, so I didn't either ;p


Today is the class party. I'm still pretty worried that the neighbours would complain. Esp, since my father is the mastermind of that club. Oh, well. Better to just go along right. Whatevs.

p/s; I still hate you, Hoomy. You don't have school anymore. Urgh.

No comments: